Sunday 11 January 2015

ANOTHER SUNDAY ALREADY!

It seems like it was just Sunday a couple of days ago. Oh how the time flies. It has been a cold week here in Eston and it continues today. Hopefully it will start to warm up soon.

Yesterday a wonderful woman in our congregation had a 95th birthday celebration. It was wonderful, Congrats Esther Richardson.

In the lectionary today it is Baptism of Jesus Sunday and we are going to have a renewal of baptismal faith in church for those who wish to do this. It means running your hands through the waters of the font and remembering who you have been created to be. That is a good thing to think about this morning. Who have you been created to be?

As I was doing my writing this morning which I do every morning, I came upon a question that asked, What brings you joy? This question really stumped me. I know lots of things make me happy but is that the same as feeling true Joy. I have to think about that for a while. So two questions for you to think about this morning. Perhaps as we find the answer to one of those questions, we will find the other.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Hope to see you in church today, the coffee is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment