Sunday 13 May 2018

Mother's Day

On this mother's day I am so filled with gratitude for all the women in my life who have influenced me. My mom, Janet, who is wise and wonderful. She has taught me so much, part of which is to be a generous, loving human being who cares about others. I read a saying the other day written by Susan Eckert which says all that I want to say about being that person. Here it is...

It is called "That One"

Be that one. That one who forgives when deep offense has been committed. That one who loves when no one else does. That one who gives kindness to those who are mean. Be that one who looks past the insult, instead seeing the pain that motivated it. That one who shines light upon those who sit in darkness. Because the impact of being that one runs far and wide. It brings healing to the wounded, joy to the sad and hope to those in despair. Be that one.

This is who my mom taught me to be. Thanks to my mom and to all the moms out there who have inspired others to be the best they can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment