Sunday 17 August 2014

Beautiful Sunday Morning!

Well it is a beautiful Sunday morning. I woke up to lots of birds singing in the trees outside the house. I wonder if that will still happen when we get moved to town. Today's sermon is entitled "Mental Illness" This seems so appropriate after the death of Robin Williams this past week and with today's scripture of the Canaanite woman from Matthew 15: 21-28. When I was surfing facebook last night I came up on a wonderful tribute to Robin Williams that said in his voice: Please don’t worry so much, because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you are ever distressed cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night and when a shooting star streaks through the blackness turning night into day, make a wish, think of me, make your life spectacular, I know I did. What great words from a great man! I am sure they are from one of his movies or maybe a few put together. Where ever they are from they are certainly great words. How many of us take the time to look up at the sky, noticing the blackness and seeing the lights flicker on one at a time as the stars pop out. I will always remember this saying as I watch them from now on. If there can be one thing that comes from Robin William's death, it could be the amount of attention that is coming on Mental illness and the awareness it is bringing to people so hopefully people won't have to live in fear of being found out. But can life in life seeking help and caring from their neighbours. So my prayer for today is that we will all take an extra moment to help others in our lives. You never know who might be the next person seeking help from the blackness. Love and peace to all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment