Sunday 14 December 2014

Cantata today!

You know if there was one gift I would covet it would be the gift of music. I love music, I love to hear the piano and I love to sing. I just do it badly. I am envious of anyone who can sing a song full of feeling or sit at a piano and just play the music there. Perhaps some practice would help me with the piano but not the voice. Anyway, that`s my confession of the day. We are told not to covet your neighbours anything but here I am coveting...

Today is the Christmas Cantata here at St. Andrew`s and our choir under the direction of Ed Jackson with the musical gifts of Doris Etter, will share with us some beautiful music. There will also be some readers, perhaps some younger folk as well. The Cantata is a tradition here at St. Andrew`s. There are two a year. We have stopped buying actual cantata`s and are using music Ed chooses along with readings or poems that I choose. It seems to work well at a time when our choir has so few voices any more, but we are grateful for each and everyone of them.

Our Children today, under the care of their teacher Ashley Hamilton will be thinking of Joy and what it means to them and practising for their Christmas Program next Sunday during our regular service. We will also have communion and our family Sunday lunch then.

Today is the Sunday of Joy in our Advent Season and it is with great joy that we enter into this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment